Coffee literature is full of coffee quotes, quips, and anecdotes. They are the product of our passion for coffee, which expresses itself as extravagant poetic flights in praise of it. Napoleon called it “the intellectual drink” and La Roque “the King of Perfumes.”
Experience the "Love of Coffee Quotes" from Yesterday to Yesteryear.
* "It’s amazing how the world begins to change through the eyes of a cup of coffee."
* "My birthstone is a coffee bean."
* "A cup of gourmet coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."
* "The road to success is paved in coffee."
* "To drink is human. To drink gourmet coffee is divine."
* "Deja Brew: The feeling that you’ve had this coffee before."
* "I judge a restaurant by the bread and by the coffee."
* "The powers of a man’s mind are directly proportional to the quantity of coffee he drinks."
* "I believe humans get a lot done, not because we’re smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee."
* "Life without coffee is like something without something … sorry, I haven’t had any coffee yet."
* "To make me happy: Make me coffee, bring me coffee, be coffee …coffee."
* "If you are not coffee, chocolate or bacon, I’m going to need you to go away."
* "No matter what historians claimed, BC really stood for ‘Before Coffee.’ "
* "Sometimes I go hours without drinking coffee. It’s called sleeping."
* "Coffee connects us in so many ways – to each other, to our senses, and to the earth that supports the coffee beans."
* "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people whom apparently view it as some kind of recreational activities for the day."
* "Sometimes I stay up so late that I have my morning coffee before I go to bed."
* "My coffee machine is the most beautiful person in the world to me."
* "Everyone should believe in something. I believe I will have another coffee."
* "Science may never come up with a better office communication system than the anticipation of a coffee break."
* "Every morning I long to hold you…I need you, I want you, I have to have you…your warmth, your smell, your taste…ohhh coffee, I love you."
* "Hey Coffee! Is the planet shaking or is just me?"
* "How far behind would technology be, if no one ever discovered coffee?"
* * I hope this quick read brought a smile to your face & coffee to your lips. * * - Stay Perky!!! - * *
There are amazing movies about coffee that take you inside the world of the professionals, showing the hard work and dedication behind the scene. There are many ways to learn and get inspired in what you do -
As barista's might say working at a well equipped café, I can’t imagine myself brewing or pulling an espresso shot without a scale. It tells us exactly how much water and coffee we are using, and it enables us to be consistent with each brew as well as to each other.
During this pandemic, we are all trying to stay home, but we must have our daily caffeine! Not everyone has all the tools at home. So, here are some tips on how you could brew an excellent pour over of coffee without a scale.
For this example, I use 24.5g of coffee to 380g of water — a 1:15.5 ratio. (You could also do 1:14 or 1:18 ratio depending on what recipe you’d like to use. In order to weigh out 24.5g of coffee beans or ground coffee, I used a ¼ measuring cup and filled it up all the way as shown in the picture below.
Afterwards, using a bigger measuring cup or a mason jar that has measurement, you can measure out approximately 380ml (13oz) of water and boil that to 205°F. If you don’t have a measuring cup, grab a 12oz mug and fill it up all the way to the top and use that to brew coffee, your final brew should be an inch (2.5cm) below the rim of your mug. Then, proceed to brew normally! Put a filter on your pour over device and make sure to give it a thorough rinse with hot water. Your first pour needs to be about twice the volume as the coffee you are using, and let it bloom for 45seconds. After the bloom, you can pour in a slow circular motion and fill it up all the way and let it drip for about 10seconds. Repeat this process a few times until you run out of water.